May 19, 2021
Dear St. Joseph Parishioners, After reviewing information from the Diocese of Lansing and Washtenaw County Health Department and following the CDC guidelines, St. Joseph Parish will respond in the following ways.
- Fully vaccinated persons do not have to wear a mask at Mass; if you want to wear a mask you are most welcome.
- If you have not been vaccinated then wearing a mask is asked and encouraged.
- We will continue to social space at Mass. We will continue to keep some pews closed off to try and keep six feet separation between households.
- We will continue to ask the Eucharistic Ministers to wear a mask for the distribution of Holy Communion. We will continue to use hand sanitizer before and after we distribute communion.
- We will continue to encourage people to receive communion only in the hand.
- We will continue to show respect to people’s right to choose to wear or not wear a mask now that the order to wear a mask has been relaxed for many of us.
- We will trust those who chose not to get the vaccine will wear a mask when at Mass.
- We will return to using our red Gather song books on Trinity Sunday, May 30.